Job title: Youth Worker
Based at: Knaresborough/Harrogate / York
Responsible to: Inspire Youth CEO or Project Leader
Hourly rate: £11 to £16 depending on experience /qualifications (Enhanced rate due to unsociable hours)
Contract: No fixed contract. Hours paid against a timesheet
Purpose of the role:
Following recent successful funding grants, we require passionate and enthusiastic youth workers to join our team who are looking for a new challenge to contribute to planning and delivery of youth projects.
Inspire Youth Yorkshire is a registered Charitable youth organisation providing young people access to a wide range of positive and inclusive activities and development opportunities within North Yorkshire, predominantly in the Harrogate district and York to children and young people aged 8 upwards offering a wide range of positive and inclusive activities.
Our aim is to promote, encourage and facilitate the physical, mental, social education and development of young people. By providing informal education, life skills and development opportunities for them and encouraging new ones. Achieving this by working with young people, families, or professionals within their communities either singly or in partnership with other organisations as beneficial to accomplish these.
This could be:
– Supporting our staff and partners to deliver youth work sessions (predominately age 11+)
– Supporting our school holiday provision or one-off activities
– Providing one to one support for Inspire Youth Yorkshire young people
– Support informal learning provision within education establishments when required
Current hours available:
- 6.30 – 8.30pm on Mondays in term time (Knaresborough)
- 4.30-9.00pm on Tuesdays (Heworth/ Westfield ward, York)
- 6.30 – 8.30pm on Wednesdays in term time (Starbeck)
- 4.30-9.00pm on Wednesdays (Micklegate/ Westfield ward, York)
Additional hours are also available in school holidays to support our holiday provision and activities.
We are continuously applying for funding and developing our provision therefore it is likely that opportunities will continue to grow for Youth Workers to gain additional hours or responsibilities.
For an informal discussion, the job description and person specification contact us on the details below.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a supporting letter with the details of 2 people who can provide a reference to Jess@inspireyouth.uk. We will interview those who demonstrate the skills and experience required. There is no closing date, this vacancy will remain open until we recruit the most appropriate candidates.